2017. november 3., péntek

Virtual box: Black screen after boot (after Guest Additions

I created a new VM for a Win10.1 system to test the new features of the Fall Creator Update. Everything went well, new system updated itself, and finally I installed the Guest Additions too. Right after the installation of it I got this problem. Some Google search showed me this is a common problem (many thread mentioned it on Linux machines as well). The solution usually is turning on or off the 2D and/or the 3D acceleration in the VM settings. I figured out an other way to solve it and worked, at least for me, even after the damage was done. I thought it could be something with the new display driver what the Guest Addition installs. With some hustling (clicking on the red X to close the VM windows brings back a interlaces like screen, so on this snapshots at least I could see what I had on the interface of the Virtual Win. I rolled back the display driver, and voila, it works again. Good luck everyone...

Nincsenek megjegyzések: